Sunflower fruit salad
Published on 14 April 2009
As a desert, this is a perfect, light finish to your meal or for your party.
- 250 g strawberries
- 125 g red / purple grapes (seedless)
- 1 medium kiwi
- 1 medium melon, chopped
- ½ cup orange juice (125 ml)
- ¼ cup slivered (or coarsely chopped) almonds
- 1/3 cup chopped pecan nuts (or peanuts)
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seed kernels
- Wash, trim and quarter (or halve) strawberries.
- Wash, peel and slice kiwi.
- Peel and cut melon into cubes.
- Wash and halve grapes. Remove seeds, if using grapes with seeds.
- Combine fruits, juice nuts and kernels in a large bowl.
- Mix gently and serve immediately
Fruit salad can be prepared and kept in refrigerator, if preferred cool. Add nuts and kernels just before serving.
Kernels are available from Chinese grocery store or in hypermarkets.